Ribbokkloof offers you the opportunity to experience an unforgettable stay in a close to nature environment combined with the luxury of a self catering chalet and 4 x 4 camping site at affordable prices.
The rustic thatched chalets are privately situated in a kloof next to a mountain stream and rock pools. We are totally geared with Executive chalets, one 6-bed chalet, an 8 - bed chalet and two double storey 12-bed chalets. All chalets have fully equipped kitchens with cutlery & crockery, cooking utensils, gas stove and fridge with freezer. Each chalet has its own private braai area.
To experience nature at its best, the 4x4 camping site, is ideal for you; under the stars with no electricity.
Our hiking trails and 4x4 tracks are there to bring our visitors closer to nature. For the Bird lovers, we are proud to be home of over 120 bird species, so bring your binoculars and Bird guide books.
Ribbokkloof has fully equipped self-catering chalets with gas:-fridge, stove and hot water system for the bathroom and kitchen. For Lighting a 220v converter is connected to your vehicles battery. There is also outside braai facilities.
1x Chalets -12 Bed:
- 3 bed rooms
- Each has 1 double bed and 2 single beds
- 2 Bathrooms and an entertainment area with an Indoor braai.
2x Chalets – 6 Bed:
- 1x bed room with double bed
- 2x bed rooms with 4 single beds.
3x Chalets – 2 Bed:
- 1x bedroom with double bed.
Hikers / Campers Accommodation:
12 Bed: 3 bed room. Each with 1 double bed and 2 single beds, 1 bathroom.
Overnight lapa covered with a thatch roof and shade cloth. . Camp mattresses are supplied. You need to bring your own sleeping bags. Showers, toilettes (no hot water) and outdoor braai facilities. Lighting supplied from a car battery.
Bush pig Shelter:
Overnight shelter. No facilities, you need to take everything you need with you.
4X4 Caravan / Tent stands:
Showers, toilette- no hot water or electricity. Outdoor braai facilities. You can camp next to the dam, but: No Facilities, you need to use Riverbed Camp’s se ablution. Lighting supplied from a car battery.
You Need To Bring:
Own, towels, dishcloths, dish washing soap, toilet paper, torch, binoculars, and insect repellents.
Camp chairs are nice to have and if you need something, Ribbokkloof is more than willing to help.
Things to do:
- 4 X 4 track & trail - quad bikes welcome! 14 km, 1.2 km riverbed. Time Frame 2-6 hours. Grading 2 to 3
- Fishing Bass & Kurper: According to guidelines from management and SA Bass. Carp and Barber to be culled.
- Mountain biking
- Bird watching 172 bird species
- 2 Day Green flag Hiking Trails Can be hiked in circle or network route. Day 1= 9.5km and Day 2=6.7km the trail is next to mountain streams and rapids with various fauna en flora.